I’ve been meaning to visit Spain for a long time.

Entry for September 15 2006: Still in Almaria.

Was living in England for four years and never made it here.
Spain is one of my favourite cultures. The food, the films, the art, the siestas, and Spanish girls are hot!

IMGP0084-amped-half

I like to explore new places on foot so I’ve followed my nose, had to back track a couple of times, and asked directions twice.
I’ve been out exploring the Moorish castle up on the hill.
Really different from English or German fortifications.
There are gardens all over the place and it reminds me of the Japanese castles I’ve visited.
 

Also visited the local cathedral.
Gotta say, the Christian architecture leaves me a bit cold. I prefer the Moorish stuff.
The bells were peeling out over the town this morning. Maybe Saturday is the Greek Sunday?
The whole place reminds me of Turkey, and I think I like the sounds of the Mullahs call to prayer better then the Christian bells (there’s something for the CIA´s Internet scanners!)

The main problem is the cars. Not the presence of them in a physical sense. It’s the fumes they pump out as they squeeze through the narrow alleys.
I remember seeing a mural of London, of a time back when there were horses everywhere. I’m really glad that we don’t have to suffer that stink anymore. I hope one day, I can look back at the disappearance of internal combustion engines and feel the same way.


I’m usually a bit ´disassociated´ from things when I arrive in a new place. Especially when I’m immersed in a culture I haven’t been exposed to before. It’s been about thirty hours since the plane touched down, and I’m finally feeling comfortable in my skin.
Again I find myself in a place where I have no idea what everyone around me is saying.
It’s been a couple of days and one starts to get hungry for English, if only to give my brain a rest from trying to work out what the fuck is going on.
I’ve read that some people thought that Spanish would one day become the world language, and what with the way South Americans are taking over the U.S. it still could happen. 





Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024