Already had our first frost...

...and this is a bit early compared to my last couple of years here.

I’ve noticed that the birds are being a bit aggressive with their nesting. The sparrows usually try to nest in my roof during the spring. This is the first time I’ve heard them bashing their heads against the roofing steel in the autumn.

Wonder if this is an indicator for a harsh winter?

That said, I love this ‘winter garden’ concept (read here).

Looking forward to scoffing the longer gestating beetroot and carrots.

The cooler weather means less pests, and the plants are much less inclined to ‘bolt to seed’.

The first planting is doing very well. It’s already feeding me as the spinach and bok choy pretty much sprang out of the soil.



Second planting had much more beetroot and Japanese radish.



The third planting was a few red cabbages and the first leaves are poking up out of the soil.



I’m seeing a few ripening tomatoes under the plastic.


Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan