Royal Tennis : Hobart Tasmania

Walking up Davy street which runs through the middle of Hobart, returning to my B&B, I passed a door set back in a sand stone wall.

Something about the door, and the sign hanging above scratched at my curiosity. I took note of the instructions nailed to the door and went exploring.


The Royal Tennis court is hidden away in a sandstone walled car park. A refurbished glassed in foyer signposts the entrance.

There is no guarantee of a game being played when you visit but I was lucky enough to see a match, and to chat to the 'pro' who runs the center.
Balls are made on site

Hobart Real Tennis Club
45 Davey St, Hobart
Website

Score keeping device

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024