Daddy O's food and music : Wellington

Yep, another venue that lives up a flight of stairs.
Recently refurbished with a series of booths along the Wall and a long padded seat up against the rear window.

Triple cooked chips

Really getting irritated with eateries posting these tasty treats on the menu, but not getting the prep right.
Instead of chunky lengths of crunchy with soft center potato, I was served up a bowl of limp potato strings.

It's the only place I've found where I can drink Eve's-cider and they served up a potent Long Island Iced Tea.

Entertainment

Both times I've visited this joint, it's been to see a night of comedy.
Comedy can be a hard thing so I tend to want to give the comedian a sympathetic ear, but I've decided I'm pretty board with sexiest or raciest humour unless it's of an insanely high level of talent.
Prefer comedians that tell a story. There was one Dutch comedian whose act consisted of an involved story that climaxed with him having a shit in a canal. This story was a lot more enjoyable compared to the 'water cooler' type quips and snipes that most of the comedians employed.


Phone: 04 473 9562
Restaurant Location: 90-92 Manners Street, 

Wellington, 

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan