Time to break down the vegetable gymnasium

Looks like the tomatoes have almost run their course so I'm cleaning up the bed, getting it ready for garlic. After struggling all summer, those crazy capsicums in the front there are still popping out fruit.







This year I'm trying out 'no dig' gardening. I’m cutting the tomato stems off at ground level and leaving the roots to rot. This creates water channels I’ve been told. Going to dump a load of horse manure and seaweed on the beds.and wait for the shortest day of the year.

  

Time to clean up the vegitable gymnasium (click here to read about it...) I’m weeding the beds and pulling out the tresses I was using for the peas.


The peas weren't super successful during the summer so I've decided to give them another go in the winter. I planted out a row of seeds along the front of the standing mesh where the cucumbers spent the summer hanging out.


These little guys were purchased from Koanga as a chick pea replacement. 

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)