Planting on the verge of a nervous breakdown

I’ve been encouraging the verge outside my place to run wild.

There is the need to keep it tidy so the neighbours don't mind, but over the last couple of years I’ve been dropping the odd plant out there.

I had two pot bound aloe that I just planted. It’s sandy and dry out there so these might make the best of the harsh conditions.



Manuka has been out there for a few years and it suffers so. I need to remember to water it in the summer.
Last year I planted some rosemary and they seem to be hanging in there.



The neighbour has recently established a small plot.



Careful mowing encourages the wild flowers. I wish we had some trees planted out on our street. It would help slow down the wind and provide a bit of shade in the summer.


Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan