Tomato and zuc update (or ok universe, it's on!)

It's so bloody typical.
I'm not even all that upset.

Three days after dropping my plants in the ground, the wind hits Otaki.
I’ve had these plants sitting in pots, hoping to wait it out. We get thumped regularly each year and it looked like the ‘big blow’ wasn’t going to happen this year.

It's like the universe was waiting for me to do it!

People all over town are reporting flattened gardens and wind scorched leaves.

  


My winter project this year is going to be more wind mitigation.
Last year I planted these banksias to protect the apple trees out the back. Now it’s time to do something about the front garden.



I'm pretty happy that I didn't get a chance to plant everything earlier in the week.



This is my forth summer and the first that hasn’t been suffering a heat wave at this time of year. I haven't needed to hand water at all. The tanks I had installed have sat there un-drained.

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan