Infrastructure: New roof for the wood shed.


I hear that a global recession is imminent, so like the NZ govt, I’m embarking on a series of infrastructure projects to bolster the local economy.

This is the new roof for my wood shed….



The old one was steel



Which was rusting through


   


I ripped off the steel










One of the beams was sagging so I added a new one




  




The new roof will be constructed out of recycled products. These supports are surplus decking



Bolted to the decking is plastic roof sheeting



I need to patch up the old screw holes. This also gave me an opportunity to plan out how I was going to construct the roof.



The overhang is to keep water out of the shed, and to divert it to the two apple trees.



We get some decent wind here in the winter so I added some braces



   

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)