Cuttings gone wild, with olive and bamboo

I've been inspired to try propagating cuttings by a mate to rescued a lavender plant that had been stomped on. He produced three healthy plants from the original plant fragments.

A couple of years back I planted a couple of Manzanillo olive trees and a Frantoio pollinator. Link to previous article.

I’ve decided that the olives are doing so well that I want to plant some more.

My home made potting mix is local sand that I’ve sieved, and some churches pumice.



I’m using honey and cinnamon as a rooting compound.


   


I gave each pot a small recycled windshield.



I’ve got a small patch of clumping bamboo (Bambusa oldhamii) that is spreading so slowly that I need to plant a few more to fill out the area.

I cut up a stalk, then trimmed and potted the segments.







Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan