Establishing winter garden 2022

Started planting out the winter garden in the third raised bed. This is my second year growing veg  during the winter (read about last year here). 



Took the frame from the first garden where it had been supporting cucumbers. 



At the foot of the frame I planted out some snow peas, and a ‘chick pea’ like variety.



I’ve noticed that the black birds like to throw stuff about when they are foraging about, so I’m upending these seed trays to give them a bit of protection.

   


I started some cabbage a few weeks back and it’s started to shoot. Also planting Chinese mustard, spinach, boc choy, Chinese cabbage, red midget cabbage, and broccoli.



Doing a lot of mulching to cover the garden beds





Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan