Winter garden 2023

I’ve decided that due to the lack of sun that the other two beds get in the winter, that the south most bed will be the permanent site of the winter garden.
I’m leaving the rampicanti, beans, and onions to continue till the cold wipes them out.
The capsicums will get a cover to see if they can survive the winter.

   


I’m not clearing out the whole bed immediately, and planting amongst the summer crops.
This winter I’m planting bok choy, and chinese cabbage from saved seed.
Snow peas, coriander, fennel, spinach, broccoli, chicory, and carrots.



I’m not going to use this tall growing frame anymore as the wind likes to push it over.



Going to use these much smaller installations like the one below where I’ve planted snow peas. These will also function as wind breaks.




The soy and corn have finished for the year. I’m now waiting on the beans. All that green up the front is self seeded celery which I'm very happy about. I'm finding that self seeding plants like tomatoes and cucumbers are becoming fast favs.


I’m planting mustard anywhere that has become bare, such as here where the tomatoes were.

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan