Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)

Entry for September 23, 2006: Day off.

My skin is tight from sun and salt.
While I'm writing this, I'm pondering the boring bits, which get left out of stories. Especially the waiting, such as for transport to take me somewhere else.
Last night the storm blew in from out in the Med, and we were warned ‘that those who chose to sleep out on deck’ should be prepared to quickly decamp to the cabins if the rains came.
As we climbed into our bags big winds whipping at the canvas and rigging. It wasn’t long before the two girls who were sleeping either side of the mast escaped the weather down below decks.
I slept through most of it, and at one point woke up and watched the clouds speeding across the black sky, and felt a few random drops on my face.
A couple of big waves washed over the sea wall. The boat was rolling a bit more then usual in the relatively calm waters of the marina.
We’re all waiting to see if we can go out this afternoon.
I've been sleeping out on the deck, and as we have worked our way through our stay on the boat, the night dew has been getting heavier.
The water is pooling on the vinyl mats during the evenings. I need to swab down the mat down before I layout my sleeping bag. Waking in the morning, I’m finding the outside of my sleeping bag is dripping. Must be a good bag though cause I’m quite dry inside.

Today was our ‘day off’ so we all piled into a hired van and drove to Granada to visit the Alhambra castle.
An American drove, which is good cause they’re used to driving on that side of the road.
We got there early, but we found a huge queue.
We took it in turns to visit toilets and the coffee shop.
Eventually we got our tickets and strolled off to find lunch. Our entry time wasn’t until late in the afternoon.
The country side is really dry in this part of Spain. Reminds me of Oz.


 



Comments

  1. Reminds you of Oz, how so? Do they make sleeping bags that waterproof?!? Evidently they do ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty surprised seeing the water cascading off the sides of the bag in the morning.

    Because the country side was really really dry :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)