Pomegranate transplant suspense

I was weeding the front raised beds this morning and discovered that the pomegranate that I planted on a whim last year, had started to bud.

I was expecting a bit more winter this year and decided to accelerate the timetable and quickly dig it out of the annual part of the garden and replant it into the perennial section.

It didn't want to come out of the ground easily, and I had to chew through for a whole lot of roots to pull it free. I tried to keep a clump of dirt around the roots, but it crumbled away in transit to the back yard.

Wish I had known that the damn thing had spikes before I bought it.



Not even sure if this is going to survive?





At the same time as I planted the pom, I had dropped papino and a cape gooseberry in the raised garden beds out the front, just to see if they would 'take'.




These also had to be moved to sit next to the drive way, so I could plant this years tomato explosion.




An update from when I first posted this item, the pomegranates seems to have survived their rough treatment.

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan