Lemon update: Oct

 Spring growth has started to emerge. Time to clean up the lemon hedge.



I'm hoping that dousing this poor fella in copper during the past winter will allow it to have a good run this summer. There are lots of little purple leaf shoots all over the branches.

Also noticed as I was watering the other day, that most of the water was running down the shallow slope. Will look into some sort of landscaping to hold the water back.




I'm getting some decent sized lemons finally. I'm curious to see how thick the skins are.





I usually rip out the weeds but this year I'm laying down cardboard with mulch piled on top to hold it down.

    

Comments

  1. there's a lot to clear in my garden, so mulching would be a good idea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)