Mulch blitz

This week I scored another massive windfall (read about previous).
I have a friend who had a huge invasive bamboo patch that they finally got rid of. The chipped pile was too large for their yard and they offered me some of the mulch.
I took several loads and now it's spread over most of the property.



I've had a couple of comments along the lines of "but what about seeds?" so I looked it up.
Bamboo flowers every 150 years (give or take) so I reckon there is a good chance that there is no bamboo seeds in there.
The shredded bamboo I applied a couple of years back has had no issues with random sprouts.

      


A posting on the FB gardening forum reckons bamboo encourages micro organisms.

  

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)