Cracking the pickle

This week I opened the ‘test jar’ of piccalilliI I had made earlier in the year (click here to read…)

The recipe said to leave for a couple months to fully develop the flavour and I sort of forgot about it.
Discovered the jar in the back of the fridge while doing a clean out.

It was soooo good!

One gets so conditioned in to believing that store bought is better and, then you find a recipe and try t make it yourself and it turns out to be amazing. The flavours sparkled on my tongue.

The raw zucchini still had a really nice crunch to it despite sitting for months in the high acid sauce.
I grew the mustard seed, the zucs were fresh out of the garden, and the apple cider vinegar is a locally produced organic product.


Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024