(part 3) People round here get creative when they need to protect their produce

(Continuing my short series on veg protection. Earlier posts were Part one and Part two)

The first year I had a few small bunches of grapes appear on my new vines, was the first year I didn't get any grapes in my belly due to the local bird life.

Some people wrap the whole vine in netting. This isn't practical at my place as the vines are all suspended under a balcony roof.

I decided to find a way to protect each bunch of grapes individually. I found some plastic expanding mesh bags on the internet.


I place the bag around the fruit when it first appears



Slipped over the young grapes as soon as they appear. The bag expands as the fruit grows



Works on strawberries too


Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)