Seeds!

This week I planted some 'new girl' tomatoes and assorted capsicums. I think these hybrids are a recent innovation. They weren't on the web site last year.

I purchased them because they are described as 'fruiting early'. Like the 'early girl' variety, but had a better taste.

I don't have a lot of luck with seeds so I'm not getting my hopes up and have placed the tray in a warm upstairs room.



[Update 3rd Oct]
'New girls' are mostly all up.
Could still be too cool for capsicums and they are old seeds.
Planted some zucchini.



[Update 4th Oct] My first successful germination of a capsicum seed.



[Update 9th Oct] The zucchini are pretty much exploding out of the ground,




[Update 12th Oct] It's a rainy ol day today, spring has been interrupted by a cold blast from down south.

I think it's getting close to the time when I'll start moving the successful seedlings outside to harden them up.
Looks like the Koanga capsicums aren't going to germinate.

When I ordered the 'new girls' , Egmonts sent me a free pack of seeds.
I chose 'tommy toe' tomatoes, so I'll replace the capsicums with these.



Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)