Perfectly Clear : Review


I'm a regular traveler and I'm constantly on the look out for Apps that allow me to make the most of photos taken with my mobile phone.

The interface for Perfectly Clear is really busy compared to something like Aviary (comparison here). I'm reminded of interfaces that I used to see on Amiga and Atari ST computers.

There's lot's of feedback on the App workings, as pre processed images are 'peeled off' the shiny new result.

I think Perfectly Clear should have included the add-on portrait functions in the base. these functions cost extra and currently the App isn't great value for money.

As a technical 'aside', it's a shame that phones don't shoot in raw to give apps like this more data to work with.
What I don't get, is why Adobe hasn't released a phone App (I don't have
a tablet so not interested in their current series of Apps) that improves photos and or video?
Google recently purchased Nik Software, makers of Instagram rival Snapseed and this is going to give all these Apps heartburn if Google releases it for free.







Screen by screen

Gallery selection of multiple images
'Hinting' is excellent


Apply instant fixes

Or drill down into finer adjustments

Slider controls are a bit clunky

Individual controls for looks
such as darkness...
...or for tint





A preset can be defined
 and applied to multiple shots

Example of ol skool interface design
Reminds me of a disk de-frag program


Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)