Timber Trail Center : Construction : Tin roof busted

I've been doing some building work here and had a brush with mortality when I fell through the roof we were resealing with corrugated iron.

This is a shot of the hole that I fell through and a couple of curious peacock chicks. That diagonal piece near the top is what snapped when I stood on it, and the length of timber on the right is what I caught with my arms to catch myself. Pretty damn exciting and possibly the first time I've experienced that sense sharpening adrenalin kick, cause I dangled there for a bit and hauled my self up pretty easily. I've never been good with chin-ups in the past. This does reinforce my opinion that 'I am in fact, industructable'.


I'm pretty happy about knowing how to seal a roof with corrugated iron now.

Ripping the roof off




Steve the builder




Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan