Covid 19 : Day five of lock-down : Finally hitting the pallets

Sun is up, the wind is down.
The beach and surrounding roads are packed with people out walking.
Packed isn't really the right word, more lots of individual little groups of people moving about in a complex dance to avoid each other.
Lots of couples out walking babies, lots of dog walkers, couple of cars.



As mentioned in a previous post (click here), I’m building stuff out of pallets.
The rain over the last couple of days has stopped me from doing any real work, but it has been washing down the wood I’d arranged out the back.


Really pissed off, that Hardware shops aren’t classed as an essential service. What if I run out of screws?


I was moving through the arrangement of pallets today, sorting and marking. I don’t want to plough ahead and start breaking things down, only to discover that a pallet that I’ve made something out of, would have been better used somewhere else.









When dealing with pallets the ‘recip’ saw is your best friend. I used to use a chainsaw until hidden nails destroyed a chain.










I’ve got a list of things I’d like to build out of these pallets…
  • Bin in wood shed for banksia nuts
  • Pallet letterbox
  • Wall planter for herbs
  • Outdoor seat
  • Mini greenhouse
  • Fruit drying rack
       


Final pic from the beach this morning...

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024