Covid 19 : Day two of lock-down : Strictly local

It was raining when I woke up this morning. Rain on a tin roof isn’t the worst way to regain consciousness.
Anyone with a garden up here is happy with a bit of moisture seeping into the dirt.

The channel out to the lemons (read about it here) is doing its job, but I might tune it up a bit once the rain has passed.



Popped down to the dairy to grab some milk and bread.



The bread bin was empty, but I’m still really glad to have a local shop for local people.



Lunchtime and the air is filled with sparkling sunshine. The diesel engine of the‘essential service’ garbage pickup truck broke through the calm as it drove down the street, flinging lock-down garbage into its hopper.

Touched base with the neighbour over the back fence. I’m pretty fucking lucky with the neighbours that I have here. I have absolute confidence that within reason, ‘they have my back’.

Went down to check out the beach this afternoon.
Unlike Bondi beach, we don’t have a crowd of oblivious self absorbed fuckwits to contend with.
Stepped onto the sand and first thing I noticed was that the sea had thrown up some gardening gold.

Best lock-down eva!



I don’t think these grapes are going to get any sweeter, and since they aren't quite nice enough to eat. I’m going to throw some sprigs of rosemary in there and roast them up tonight.

    

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024