Grape jam update

Last week I blogged about some grape jam I was experimenting with (read about it hereAnd here)

I ended up with two jars, one thickened with apple butter, the other with extracted apple pectin.




For lunch today, I cooked up some toast to give the results a try. The apple butter was much thicker than the pectin, which was still a bit too runny (as you can see from the dribble that was left from scooping out of the jar).

I want to give it another go. The pectin I used last time was itself a bit runny. I extracted more pectin a few days back, and properly dehydrated it. Looks a bit like gelatin now.


Comments

  1. I made some grape jelly jam using same method as for apple jelly and adding extra pectin to aid setting. Not as firm as jam but am going to try again and experiment by adding other fruit. Will still strain through jelly bag as I like the clear jelly result.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024