Timber Trail Center :  Ongarue : Appling leverage

I'm very pleased with myself after I fixed a flat tyre on a wheel barrow.

This involved removing the old tyre and inner tube, and fitting replacements on the wheel hub.

Not an easy task as the new rubber doesn’t stretch much. I remembered once watching a guy remove a car tyre from it's hub using lengths of metal as levers.

So I attacked the wheel, prying sections of rubber onto the hub with a screw driver and a crowbar. I was surprised that it worked, and I managed to complete the task.


A new wood burner for the church has been purchased, so a group of us drove out to the Corimandle to collect it.

The stove out to be a large mass of very heavy matt-black cast iron.

There was five of us bent to the task, but moving it through a narrow doorway, and onto a trailer parked outside was very hard work.

We placed board underneath the body and employed a jack from the car, to raise it up to height with the trailer. While it sat straddling the board, we removed the spindly legs just in case they caught on something and snapped off.

Using lengths of wood as levers we slid the mass onto the trailer.

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)