Garlic week : summary

This is the first year that I’ve got all my ‘shits in a row’.
  • Ground is prepped
  • Mulch is chewed
  • Garlic has cooled it’s heels in the fridge.
  • And it’s all ready a month earlier than the traditional ‘shortest day of the year’ when I usually plant my garlic crop.
It’s been an epic journey so here are some links for speed bring up too...

This is my first crop of anything in this bed. Read about it’s construction here finishing-raised-garden-build

I’ve spent a year developing the soil in this bed making-soil-update

Where I wake up the garden bed for this years crop garlic-week-day-one

Huge load of mulch created garlic-week-day-two

Finally some garlic action garlic-week-day-three

Break in work for rain garlic-week-day-four


Over the last couple of days there’s been a final application of ash and coffee grounds

    


I’ve raked the soil to break up clumps and dry it out a bit.

    


Pulled the garlic out of the fridge



Planted the cloves and covered it all in mulch

    


Video summary of prep and planting
a

Below is the current plan/tracking of the garden beds

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024