Cider : Sans Bubbles


I was in featherston recently and discovered a new cider, a wild cider!
Pale colour, honey sweet, refreshing taste, and no bubbles!
It was 'so wrong', something in the back of my brain was crying out.

Despite this, we were eating Indian and they complimented each other well. Lack of bubbles soothed the palette.
It was pointed out by someone over dinner, that wine isn't bubbly (apart from champagne)

Alpinegold Wild cider

I enjoyed the novelty.

Turns out that the 'carbonation' is an additional process.

That I was having difficulty dealing with the lack of effervescence which is a bit daft. I've had 'still' cider before. In the U.K.

At the atmospheric Maltings Pub in York.
www.maltings.co.uk

It was blood red and lived in a plastic carton perched high up behind the bar.

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024