Awhi Farm : Sun shot

Rain has moved off

breakfast in the sun

Unhappy pussy
Awhi farm has a number of stray cats that slink around the property, usually in close circuits around the kitchens.
A decision has been made that the cats are useful for keeping rats and mice numbers down, but the cat population can't be allowed to expand either.

The local SPCA performs free de-sexing on a Wednesday so we have had cages positioned around camp for the last couple of weeks. The cats now treat the traps as normal parts of the scenery.
This morning one black and white kitten was spied snooping about inside a cage, so we sprang into action and slammed a piece of polystyrene across the entrance and slide home the wire door.
The cat has spent the day in a quite room, away from the bustle of the camp, in an attempt to reduce it's stress.
We've been reminding each other that it's there so that we remember to feed it. Tomorrow it's off to meet an appointment with the vets knife.


I'm back at the construction site and finding that sawing dry wood is much easier.



First rule of scavenge...
When I find what I need, I take all of it. If I leave some behind, someone else might make off with material I might need. I take what I don't use back to the store.
Despite this, I still find materials disappearing from my work space! (ha ha)



Sketch of bench for shower
My jury rigged workbench

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024