Timber Trail Center :  Ongarue : Re-Introduction

I've been back here at the timber trail (Click here for previous post) doing everything from painting (which I hate) to building stuff (which I'm enjoying).





The drive here was a bit of a slalom coarse. The storms had brought down slips on the roads.

It's around half seven and the rising sun is just starting to glow behind the curtains. I've decided that my brain finds writing easier in the mornings, so this is the best time to bash out some words.


A train has just rumbled by on the railway line that runs past the village, just on the other side of the road. Long freight trains grinding past sends vibrations out through the earth. Feels like an earthquake.
Sometimes the trains run quite late in the evenings, or quite early in the mornings, but I don't think one has roused me yet.

The world outside this room is frosty. The valley the property sits in usually warms up by lunchtime. I'm glad I bought some Long-John's (known as Thermals here).

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)