Day 11 : Where not a lot happens

Woke up to a gentle drizzle today and had to close up the roof and back door to stop the rain getting in.

The rooster must have been marking out his territory cause his crowing started off in the distance and moved around the country side.

I packed up, and made some breakfast in the rain. Very glad of the covered food prep area, and drove the van up to that side of the site. Getting pretty good at the pancakes.

The rooster was still at it when I left round ten, and had made it into the camp proper. I feel sorry for anyone who is still trying to sleep.

As I left the grounds, the older couple had left and the Gypsies and relocated to our position on the river bank.

Not much happened today. Turns out that I was camped right at the end of the Forgotten Highway so I was straight into town to do a bit of internet, and then drive to Ohakune.

Ohakune

I've pitched my wagon in another DOC's site and I have a great view of Ruapehu mountain.
Not much to say bout the site. It has a tolet, and a charge of $6 per night.


View Mangawhero campsite in a larger map

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan