Gear what I am using : Toyota Estima/Tarago


When I arrived in NZ, I decided to buy a van to travel around in.

Bought a Toyota Estima from a guy in Auckland who finds campers retired from hire firms, and reconditions them for backpackers.

This van started off Metallic blue, then it was converted by Spaceship rentals and repainted orange and white. Finally a layer of cream was applied.

I bought this van DESPITE the high mileage, more then 300,000 km. My theory is that she's proved herself to be pretty indestructible.
Close to four hundred thousand!
I reckon she was born some time between Tuesday and Thursday. There is a theory that cars built on a Monday and Friday have manufacturing problems. Factory workers are depressed having to be back at work on the Monday, and they are thinking about the weekend on the Friday, so more errors in construction are made.

Living in the camper is like living in a boat. I keep cracking my head on door sills.

Jen (I've christened her after the girl on the IT crowd series) hates hard cornering and steep incline s but otherwise she loves to run.

Something to reflect the sun back out the expansive windscreen is pretty much mandatory.

My whole life is packed inside this metal shell
I've got everything contained within a series of plastic boxes such as the toilet, and food stuffs.

A mini wine cellar in the boot.




Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024