I'm becoming a believer in Google TV

September is 'gear' month on Yoomimoomi

I'm noticing Youtube enabled Samsung TV's all over the place.
Deb and Fred (previous Wwoof hosts) are visiting India this year and have planned out an expedition the curves across the top of the country. As part of their research on the conditions of road in India they have been watching other people's holiday videos.
They do this in the sprawled out in the comfort of their living room as they have a Smart tele with access to YouTube.

While I was there we spent an evening watching Bill Hicks on YouTube.
I felt weird watching YouTube from an armchair, and it struck me that YouTube on the TV in every ones lounge room might actually take off. We didn't care bout picture quality cause the story telling and performance transcended all.


Laptop hooked into TV
Traditional TV, be it terrestrial broadcast or cable increasingly has little to offer so I've been watching more YouTube. Mainly items that are able to be appreciated in chunks such as comedy sets.
I've been watching posted sections of Chris rock, and Tim Minchin (find female comedians) that have been stitched together in playlists.

Watching uni TV productions such as Berkeley university series of interviews 'Conversations with History'...

And there are some great documentary channels...

VPROinternational
This channel shows international versions of programmes produced by Dutch national public broadcasting organisation VPRO.

Vocativ Video is also a great site for short clips.

If I want to catch up on the news, I pull up aljazeera.com/watch_now.


I've discovered that people are using YouTube playlist as a hyper mix tape...



Funny how now that YouTube has video advertising, a lot of the clips these days are preceded by an ad, so it's just like TV.

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Spanish dolphins holiday (cont.)