Covid 19 : Day seven of lock-down : What black cat?

Nine in the morning and the car park is full, and the queue is still in place.
One in one out is the system, so I took my place in the line. It didn’t take too long for me to get fixed up.
I grabbed some fresh produce and found a spot marked on the floor detailing where I could stand as I approached the bank of tills.
As I approached the checkout, I noticed that stiff plastic sheet ‘sneeze guards’ had been hastily installed at the register.
My items were processed by the woman manning the register, and a lettuce had problems fitting under the wobbly PPE.
While I fished out my card, she was complaining to someone overseeing the checkout that ‘the shield isn't doing it’s job’.
Funny how our priorities change with the circumstance.

Nice to have a bit of an adventure away from home.

Some work needs to be done to the roof. I mashed my finger in the ladder getting it out of the garage. It was a stupid thing to do, so I've decided that today is going to be designated an ‘unlucky day’. Unlucky days mean that it's a really bad idea to get on the roof, or do any sort of precision work.

I've decided to start stocking the newly reorganised wood shed, a job that is fairly hazzard free and needs to be done before the wet winter arrives.

The wood spent the summer being washed and dried...



So sexy with it’s new roof...



I hear that some folk have turned their letterboxes into transfer stations for garden produce. Someone might have a surplus of mushrooms which they leave in their letterbox.
Someone else picks up the mushrooms and leaves a fist full of garlic.


I’ve been sketching out plans for my next pallet project…



The day turned very ‘Stephen King’ when a thick fog rolled in from the sea.

Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024