Covid 19 : Day twelve of lock-down : Busy bee

Last year I got a single fruit from my passionfruit vines.

This year….


I was a bit confused by the smooth skins. My neighbour tells me that if I leave them to sit for a bit. They continue to ripen, and the skins wrinkle up.


The pallet chair slowly coming together. Sash clamps are one of my fav tools.



I’m on sand. So when I plant a tree I need to dig a big hole and fill it with ‘the good shit’.
(read about the holes I dug for the apple trees here)
This year I’m getting a hole ready for some plum trees, and filling it with green waste.

   


The banksia tree outside my bathroom window has come into flower. I’m woken up by the Tui’s chirping and whistling in the tree. The banksia is an Ozzie tree, so it flowers at different times to natives. The birds and bees get a nice bonus feed.


Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024