Covid 19 : Day 33 of lock-down : Literally gray and dreary day today

Only sound filtering into my room is the wind, because no one is outside.
Usually I can hear the sounds of lawn mowers, or circular saws, or hammering. Everyone on the street seems to have some sort of a construction project that they aren’t doing today.

I spent a bit of time walking around the garden, checking up on stuff.
Found some lemons with splits in the skins. Not sure if this is from the hot wind that forced me to build the wind break (click here to read about it), or maybe they are getting too much water????




In the foreground of the photo below is a golden passionfruit plant. I planted during the summer, at the base of a dead tree. I've read that they are a bit more sensitive to the cold than the purple variety, one of which you can see slowly enveloping the tree stump in the background of the photo. That purple passionfruit plant has had a couple of years to get to this point.
During the winter I'm going to let all the weeds grow up around that golden passionfruit, in the hope that the weeds will protect it from the frost.
I've thrown down a bit of ash from the fire around the bottom of the plants to give them a bit of a potassium boost.


Comments

You also might like...

Hostel : Glasgow : Night moves

Grape update: Jan

Winter garden established for 2024